everything is new and different!

Hi there everyone!

Let me tell you, I am so excited to be mostly moved in.

Here are some things I have learned during this last week or so:

1. 5 drops of citrus essential oil and 5 drops of dish soap mixed in a spray bottle of water is a fairly effective spider repellent.

2. It costs $3.75 to wash a load of laundry here, compared with $2 where I last lived.

3. It is important to have your shit together when you visit the DMV. Relatedly (and, seemingly, illogically), the DMV will not take a copy of your lease as proof of your residence in your new state.

4. There are a number of ways to assemble a futon that are not correct. Most of these ways will result in the futon folding upon itself when sat upon.

5. Parking in the city is the worst part about driving into the city.

6. There is a sex shop several doors down from my landlord's office, and a head shop across the street.

7. There is a store down the street from my apartment that makes the best cupcakes in existence.

I start my internship next week. I am really excited!