a sheltered life, indeed:

I just finished another general practice rotation, and our first week was pretty slow.
Therefore, I spent a lot of time calling owners to check up on their pets and researching various clinical pathology oddities. It was great! I learned many things.

During one of our nonbusy periods, I found myself in an odd conversation with the head clinician of the hospital-affiliated general practice. Now, he's a shy, curmudgeonly, blindingly clever man who commands great respect throughout the hospital. He is fantastic. His skills are insane - he's the sort of guy who could detect a mildly dilated ureter via abdominal palpation. He is the stuff of which legends are made.

On this particular instance, he told me about how his first exposure to marijuana was when a student fed him a pot brownie. Oooohhhh let me tell you how much I wish I could have seen that happen!

Then, he waxed lyrical on how he's led a pretty sheltered life, in that he's never been streaking. However, he did once swim naked across a large lake with a lit cigar in his mouth.

I think it was at this point that another veterinarian walked over and asked us wtf we were talking about (which was a legitimate response to overhearing this conversation, I think).  Hooray for storytime!