you guys, coconut oil is awesome:

Okay, so you know how I make green smoothies?  I've stepped up this practice since being on some more long-hours rotations (oh, hey surgery!  I'm lookin' at you!). This has led to some experimentation with their contents. 

IN PARTICULAR:

A tablespoon of coconut oil in your smoothie will make it smooth and delectable and ever-so-silky. I can feel my lips getting moisturized. It is glorious.  Mmmmmmmm coconut oil. I don't like coconut shavings, water, or flavoring, but coconut oil is quite tasty!

If you're like me and you don't drink coffee, you can get a coffee grinder for smoothie-making purposes. Coffee grinders are excellent for grinding flax seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds (yes) and just about anything else that is seedy/gritty in its original texture.

Chia seeds go right in - no grinding. They take on some water and become like tiny tapioca pearls.

Peanut butter is another delicious protein-increasing option.  I get an organic kind that comes pretty cheaply from the co-op, but you have to stir the oil in before doing anything with the peanut butter proper. It's definitely worth it.

You should probably thoroughly scrub your blender more frequently than I do.

Happy smoothie-making!