my gaydar is broken:

Hello you guys!

I hope the summer is treating you well, and that you are enjoying plenty of sunshine and outdoor adventures.

I'm adjusting to my new town and my new internship. This oncology-specific internship is completely different from my rotating internship, and the adjustment has been a bit rocky. Also, the fine inhabitants of this town have completely destroyed my gaydar.

I've met a large number of women who look like this:

 
thanks blogs.presstelegram.com
or this:

thanks www.nigerianlondon.com

WHO IDENTIFY AS STRAIGHT AND ARE MARRIED TO MEN.

You guys, I went to Smith. I understand that gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and biological sex are all best represented and understood as a set of continua.

And yet...this is blowing my mind. Hooray for diversity! Hooray for destroying my preconceived notions of queerness! Learning!