this is why i am mildly afraid of birds:

Exotics technician: "Why did you let a parrot walk all over your back?!? That was not a good idea!"

Alacrity: "Yes, correct. I couldn't catch him."

Exotics technician: "Well, who was helping you?"

Alacrity: "[The person helping me] couldn't catch him either."

Exotics technician: "So, what happened?"

Alacrity: "He totally dominated us for a while until we got him back in his carrier. He let me sort of examine him at one point. And he bit my finger."

Exotics technician: "He could have bitten your face! He could have broken your glasses! This is why we need a technician with exotics experience on overnights. Why was the bird here at midnight, anyway?"

Alacrity: "Well, his owner brought him in because he refused his evening cranberry."

Exotics technician: "I can't even."